All goods to be returned, faulty or not, will require a Return Authorisation (RA) Number before they can be returned. To obtain a Return Authorisation Number, please contact Reliance Technology.
Reliance Technology is bound by the returns policy of its suppliers. As such, we advise all our Customers to check with Reliance Technology on the returns policy of the products before they make a purchase.
Product incompatibility is not a fault and is therefoe not grounds for return. We cannot ensure what your purchase is compatible with any existing products or configurations. Whenever in doubt, customers are strongly advised to confirm the system compatibility with the original product manufacturers before making a purchase.
The following conditions outline the terms by which goods may be returned to Reliance Technology;
- All products returned must be 100% complete and contain all original manufacturer packaging with the original UPC code (Universal Product Code, usually located on the surface of the manufacturer box) along with all packing materials, all manuals, blank warranty cards, accessories and any other documentation included with the original shipment. All products returned for credit must be in pristine, unopened condition with all seals intact. Opened, damaged or soiled product will not be accepted.
- Returns will not be accepted without a valid invoice number. For faster service, please contact Reliance Technology with the following information: Customer name, Invoice number, Serial number and the reason for the return.
- Reliance Technology accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage occurring in transit on returning goods to Reliance Technology. All returns can take an approximate 14 days to process from the date of receipt of goods by Reliance Technology (exceptions to this may occur from time to time).
- Customers are responsible for all costs associated with the return of the product to Reliance Technology and Reliance Technology will not pay or reimburse any associated costs. Reliance Technology will pay for the shipping costs of the replacement or exchange item(s).
- Reliance Technology recommends that products returned by post be sent by registered or certified mail. Reliance Technology accepts no responsibility for loss or damage occurring in transit.
- Unless otherwise specified, the benefits conferred by warranties set out herein are additional to all other conditions, warranties, guarantees, rights and remedies expressed or implied by the Trade Practices Act
For more details on our return policy, please refer to:
- Return of Defective Goods
- Return of Non-Defective goods
- Discontinued Products
- Special Conditions
Defective or dead on arrival returns must be returned within 7 days from the invoice date, at Reliance Technology's discretion for credit, replacement, exchange or repair.
The warranty period and service for all products varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Reliance Technology customers may be required to contact the manufacturer's technical support department directly, to acquire authorisation to return any defective or dead on arrival goods. Refunds or exchanges are issued after receipt and inspection of returned goods. Refunds or exchanges do not include original shipping and handling charges.
- Non-Defective Goods fee for warranty claims on defective goods; if we receive a product that is inspected and found to be non-defective, a non-negotiable fee of $49.50 inc. GST non-defective goods fee shall be chargeable. The Customer will have to pay for the shipping cost before the non-defective item is returned to the Customer.
- Dead on Arrival (DOA) items are eligible for repairs or replacement only. We do not issue refunds for DOA products. DOA items must be reported within 7 days from the time you receive your goods. Failure to report a DOA item within 7 days will result in you not being able to claim the item as a DOA. This is particularly important for laptops, PDA and mobile phones as the manufacturers have strict guidelines.
A non-defective product ('No Fault Product') is a product returned by the Customer to Reliance Technology in circumstances where the return is not due to the fault of Reliance Technology or any fault with the product. Due to the costs involved with processing returns and cancellations, a minimum of $49.50 inc. GST restocking/cancellation fee is applicable. Reliance Technology reserves the right to issue store credit towards future purchases only.
Reliance Technology reserves the right to refuse the return of any item(s) in its sole discretion. We do not need to provide a reason. Situations where we may refuse a return includes, but are not limited to:
- the packaging has been opened, damaged or soiled
- is not returned in its original packaging
- is incomplete or contain missing parts
- shows physical damage to the product(s)
- is no longer offered for sale by Reliance Technology
- the price of one or all of the ordered products have changed
- does not include a valid RA number on the shipping label
- has an expired RA number
- is received by Reliance Technology beyond 7 days from the RA issued date
- product information or specification details in our store is not up-to-date with the manufacturers' website. Customers are advised to check directly with its manufacturer for the most up-to-date information.
- products sold on non-return basis
Reliance Technology will not pay for shipping of non-faulty or non-defective items and the Customer will pay and organise courier pick-up or any other means of return delivery. As such, the Customer is responsible for the cost of returning the item to Reliance Technology and the original shipping fee is non-refundable.
All return requests will need to first contact Reliance Technology Customer Service via email our our website to obtain a Return Authorisation (RA) number within 7 days from the date the product(s) was shipped. Reliance Technology must receive the return product(s) within 7 days from the RA issued date. Returns received by Reliance Technology beyond 7 days from the RA issued date will not be accepted for return.
In the circumstances where a claim for a returned product(s) is rejected by Reliance Technology, the Customer shall be liable for the cost of delivery in returning these products back to the Customer's address. This cost shall be debited from the Customer initial payment before Reliance Technology can proceed to deliver the rejected product(s).
All refund or credit will only be made after the returned product(s) has been received, inspected and accepted by Reliance Technology. This process usually takes 2-3 weeks. Once this is completed, the refund will be credited to the same mode of payment that the Customer has made their purchase - excluding any restocking fee, freight or other costs. Refunds on purchases made with a credit card will only be credited to the same card.
All Customers' RA requests will be confirmed via e-mail. Please do not send any goods to Reliance Technology prior to receiving the RA number. Reliance Technology reserves the right to authorise product returns beyond 7 days from the invoice date. Reliance Technology rarely issues replacements for incompatible parts as it is the responsibility of our customers to make sure that what their purchase is indeed compatible with their requirements.
Reliance Technology will, under instructions from its suppliers, discontinue product(s) from time to time. Your right to return these discontinued product(s) may be limited.
Products supplied on a "No Return" basis cannot be returned to Reliance Technology unless the product is faulty within the warranties imposed by statute and which cannot be excluded by agreement. However if any of the shipped products is found to be defective, the Return of Defective Goods policy will be applicable.